top of page
Business Rate Advisors Ltd logo

Property Split VOA

Splitting your property into more than one assessment

We regularly connect with all our clients allowing you direct access to our expertise and updates on your case

Business Rate Advisors reviews

Call us for free advice on splitting of a commercial property
Steve Adams - 07415048643 or Mark Allen - 07376443943
Main Landline Call 01225667747

We can help you with the majority of your valuation office administrational needs. We have outlined a list of services that we provide to you that can help you deal with the valuation office agency effectively and quickly. 

Splitting of a property to get more than one rating assessment

The splitting of a property to create more than one assessment must be carried out via the valuation office online portal. Back in the old days, these split cases were carried out on paper copy only. Obviously not any more. You must try to become familiar with the valuation office online portal services or find a competent business rates agent like Steve Adams or Mark Allen to do it for you. 

In order to split a property into more than one assessment, certain criteria must be met. You cannot split a property if the property is empty, unless you can establish incoming occupiers. A split can also be denied if for example you have what they call paramount control. Click here for our explanation on paramount control from a voa perspective.

Get yourself familiar with the online portal by first registering with the valuation office agency to create an account. Here is the link to register either as an organisation (Ltd etc) or as an individual (sole trader).

To understand your splitting requirements more properly, contact Steve Adams or Mark Allen for free business rates advice on either how to split a property or if you would like us to do it for you.

For help dealing with business rate bailiffs visit here.

Interested in installing free solar panels for commercial properties, speak with Steve Adams on 07415048643.

Want to lower your gas or electricity bills by a up to a quarter, contact Steve Adams who will provide you with a free quote.

We are business rates appeal specialists in the UK

Use this form to send Mark or Steve a message and we’ll get back to you shortly

Thanks for submitting!

Want to know how to contact the valuation office agency

The Valuation Office Agency (VOA) is an executive agency of the UK government responsible for providing valuations and property advice to support taxation and benefits. The VOA can help you with a variety of things, including:

Understanding your property's Council Tax band

Calculating your business rates liability

Applying for Local Housing Allowance

Appealing a valuation


If you need help from the VOA, you can contact them in a number of ways:

Online: You can use the VOA's website to find information about valuations, benefits, and other services. You can also use the website to contact the VOA by email or to request a call back.


Telephone: You can call the VOA's customer service line on 0300 050 1234. The line is open from 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.


Post: You can write to the VOA at:

Valuation Office Agency PO Box 340 Coventry CV1 1ZZ


If you have a specific issue that you need help with, you should contact the VOA as soon as possible. The VOA may be able to help you resolve your issue quickly and easily.

Here are some additional tips for getting help from the VOA:

Be clear about what you need help with. The VOA will be able to help you more effectively if you can provide them with a clear explanation of your issue.

Have all of your relevant paperwork ready. This may include your property's title deeds, your Council Tax bill, or your business rates assessment.

Be patient. The VOA may be busy, so it may take some time for them to get back to you.

bottom of page